We’re less than a month away from the release of Lady Gaga’s mysterious new single “Perfect Illusion,” yet we know nothing about it! Or do we? Here are 12 quotes from musicians, producers, and Lady Gaga herself about “Perfect Illusion” and LG5, the untitled album fans cannot stop talking about.
1. (Perfect Illusion) is about modern ecstasy. . . We found our sweet, simple, ragey way of saying it.
2. I get this sick adrenaline rush every time I hear it.
3. I’ve heard two or three songs from her new record, which she’s making with Mark Ronson, and it’s f***ing absolutely brilliant.
Mark Ronson, Producer
4. It’s just really good music and probably a record for people who might not have realised that her music had something for them — at least based on the small amount of people who’ve heard it so far. It’s definitely pretty deep musically for sure.
5. It’s been one of my favorite records to work on and some of the people who have come in to play on it are my favorite musicians, writers and some of her favorites.
6. It kind of exceeded any expectations of what I thought the music was going to be like.
7. It’s really great to make this really honest, authentic, kind of analog record with her.
Calum Scott, Musician
8. The new single sounds SICK!!
9. It’s a mixture of classic music and futuristic, too – I didn’t want to go too far from what she is. We kept it [similar to] what Gaga is, what she’s done all these years. It’s special.
Nile Rodgers, Producer
10. I can’t tell you about the Lady Gaga music… but I can tell you one thing — it’s funky.
11. It’s a cut that touches the highest of highs and lowest of lows in a relationship gone wrong, thus, the perfect illusion.
12. (Perfect Illusion is) probably our new favorite lead single.